/

23 June 2011

sharing is caring

23 June 2011
For someone like me who has no technical/HTML background, the task of upgrading one's blog design seemed daunting at first. However, after intense googling, I discovered that there's a ton of material available on the world wide web!

So here, I'd like to share some of the resources that I found.

For shabby chic templates, blog buttons and blinkies. This is where I learned how to Customize my Blog Header using Fotoflexr. The other tutorials  are on how to make the navigation bar disappear, how to make your own grab button, adding post dividers and a whole lot more! She also blogs HERE.

Create a personalized signature for free! There are over a hundred ready made fonts to choose from! I chose font #99 as it was closest to my handwriting. 

I came across these sites when I googled "How To Remove Image Borders." They have a compilation of basic to advance tips on design, html and the like.

4. Sneaky Momma's Blog Tips and Tricks
She's a self taught blog designer who has mastered the art of blog design. Beginner, Intermediate and Advance Tips, you name it, she has it!

These are but a few resources but I sure hope you'll find them useful too!

7 comments:

  1. When I switched my blog from WP.com to WP.org I did all of it myself. I just googled what I was looking for and could always find the answers. This is why Google is my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this Janie. I'm also on the process of redesigning my blog, I'm just waiting for the husband to finish the design. Once everything is finish I'll surely look back to this post for some guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great resources. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great resources indeed, very helpful. Now I can look like a "professional" blogger =) Thanks! New Follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for including my blog in your post of blog design resources. I really appreciate it!
    Your blog is absolutely adorable, Janie. Love, love, love your header image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ain't you such a darling for sharing this post? Thanks a lot. Visiting from voiceBoks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janie! Thanks for sharing this stuff. Every time I think about looking into blog design, etc., my brain just shuts down. I appreciate any bit of help I can come across. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading.