/

21 October 2011

recently | back to work and other things

21 October 2011

After more than a year's hiatus, I've finally gone back to work. Part-time. I was both anxious and excited about the decision. I wasn't sure how we would all adapt to the change. Especially the little girl. But deep inside I knew that she would somehow adjust better than I ever will.

And she has. Kids are truly resilient. She lets me leave in the morning without a fuss. Kiss and hug bye bye and that's it! No more tears. Make that no tears at all. Amazing, isn't it? Now, it's a different story with me. I get that lump in my throat every time I kiss her goodbye. *sigh* 

I am thankful to have a reliable nanny. She's been with my side of the family for a long time. We got her to work for us when I gave birth and was still working full time. That settles childcare for when I'm not home. 

+++
Survived the first week back at work! My new role is not as demanding as the one I previously held. I'm really thankful for part-time arrangements. As I've said to June, they are heaven-sent! 

With this new change, I have learned to appreciate and value more the  time I spend with my kid. I didn't give it much thought previously since we were together all day everyday. Quality time or QT as we like to call it has a whole new meaning for our family now. 

+++
11.11.11. Toddler girl's turning 2 on that auspicious date. That's Veteran's Day for you friends in the US. We're planning a small party for her and her little friends.  We were in Kansas when she turned 1 last year. And daddy wasn't with us to celebrate. So this is really a first for us. I'm really excited. You see, she's been practicing blowing out candles and sings a decent Happy Birthday song. I can't wait to see how it all turns out! 

So recently, there's that.

Have a great weekend everyone!